On-Board Payload Data Processing Engineer
The European Space Agency is ATGs biggest client. They are an international organisation with 22 member states with sites in the Netherlands, Germany, Spain, France, Italy, UK and Belgium. ESA is Europes gateway to Space!
For one of our main customers ESA/ESTEC, we are currently looking for an On-Board Payload Data Processing Engineer who will provide Engineering Support to the Directorate of Technology, Engineering and Quality.
- A diverse range of support tasks is required to be carried out by the Contractor within the above domains, encompassing hardware, software and system aspects. These can be grouped within the following main headings:Validation of signal and image processing algorithms via simulation techniques (e.g. Matlab, prototyping SW);
- Definition, design and validation of payload data acquisition, processing and storage chains;
- Implementation of payload data processing functions on processors (e.g. Digital Signal Processors) and FPGAs based platforms;
- Specific engineering support in the above domains to mainstream ESA space projects, mainly for (but not restricted to) the development and testing phases.
- Experience in defining payload data processing systems architectures.Extensive knowledge in signal and image processing techniques and devices;
- Extensive experience in procurement of units, sub-systems integration and testing;
- Knowledge in on-board electronics design related to data acquisition, processing and storage functions;
- Wide knowledge in communication networks principles, standards and their implementation. This includes high-speed networks such as SpaceWire and SpaceFibre;
- Ability to work in an autonomous manner, in particular when providing support to projects with high time allocations and this in coordination with the line manager.