ARTES Integrated Applications Business Evaluator
The Integrated and Telecommunications-related Applications Department (D/TIA) is responsible for the promotion of ARTES applications and services and the development of new applications and services within the ARTES applications domain.
As part of this, Sapienza is looking for an Integrated Applications Business Evaluator in charge of the preparation, implementation and daily management of Feasibility Studies and Demonstration projects under the ARTES programme (elements 3, 4 and 20) with regards to programmatic tasks. The Feasibility Studies and Demonstration projects target sustainable applications and services, based on data / information from different space assets and their integration with non-space domains.
- Evaluation of proposals in accordance with the objectives of the department, analysing ad assessing the technical business aspects associated with the development of sustainable operations of satellite based applications and services
- Preparing, implementing, managing monitoring and reporting of the assigned application studies / projects ensuring compliance with study / project objectives, budgets and planning
- Defining, developing and implementing supporting actions to facilitate the migration of products and services generated by ARTES applications contracts towards their successful operational and commercial exploitation
- Initiating and monitoring activities with industry and user communities intended to develop, validate and promote the utilisation of integrated applications
- Establishing and controlling relevant ESA requirements, specifications and general documentation and supporting activities
- Master’s degree in Space Engineering, Telecommunications, Electrical Engineering or similar field (a Master’s degree in Business Administration or Outreach can be considered with the right relevant experience)
- At least 4 years of previous relevant practical working experience in space industry, in one of the main space applications domain (Telecommunications, Earth Observation)
- Knowledge of the fundamentals of the economic valuations of applications and services
- Some familiarity with downstream space services and applications and with relevant space technologies (i.e. satellite communications, navigation and earth observation)
- Fluent in English. Knowledge of another official ESA language is an asset
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- High standard of document drafting
- Ability to work effectively both within a small team and in an autonomous way
- Excellent knowledge of English, additional knowledge of another ESA member state language is desirable.
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the EU