Administrative Assistant-Sick replacement
The European Space Agency is ATGs biggest client. They are an international organisation with 22 member states with sites in the Netherlands, Germany, Spain, France, Italy, UK and Belgium. ESA is Europes gateway to Space!
The estimated support needed in September / October is part time 50% (20 hrs per week).The estimated support needed in November / December is full time (40hrs per week) The estimated support needed in January / February is part time 50% (20 hrs per week).
- The work package covers provision of secretarial and administrative support to ESA organizational entities (Divisions, Services, Offices) and Projects (called Unit herein) based at ESTEC. It includes the following tasks:
- Day-to-day support to Unit personnel regarding business travel arrangements, leave management, coordination of training;
- Dealing with incoming telephone calls and information requests;
- Analysing incoming correspondence and documentation and managing distribution of outgoing correspondence and documentation;
- Provision of various logistic support to the Unit;
- Arrivals (office, phone, computer, security, access to databases, information systems) and departures (deregistration, etc.) of Unit personnel;
- Ordering of office supplies and maintenance of stationary;
- Room and resources bookings for meetings and/or events falling under the responsibility of the Unit;
- Administration and handling of shipment of goods and express mail;
- Tasks related to documentation management, distribution/registration of mail and documents;
- Organization of agenda and of meetings;
- Maintaining documents libraries for the Unit, including maintenance of change log, distribution lists, issue information notes to concerned users.Maintaining and following up actions lists for the Unit and taken minutes of coordination meetings for the Unit.Participation to organisation of events (e.g. workshops, conferences) as required.Support to the Project Review ProcessSupport to visitor service: including access control, preparing visa applications, distribution of information material.ESA site administration: including periodical update (e.g. daily) of site schedule, updating and distribution of the site telephone list;
- Participation to the preparation and the publication of internal and external documents, including editing and proofreading;
- Data collection, extraction from various corporate applications (e.g. SAP, PRISMA) and from various internal sources and data consistency checking and coherence analysis.
- Proficient in the English language, both written and spoken;
- knowledge of another official ESA language is and asset;
- For site specific functions fluent knowledge of the local national language is also required;
- High level of flexibility as well as initiative and team spirit;
- Easy contact with personnel and well-balanced autonomy in the execution of the requested tasks;
- Rigor, commitment and reliability in the execution of the assigned tasks;
- Highly proficient with modern electronics office automation tools in particular Microsoft Office suite and electronic mailing (preferably Lotus Notes);
- Ability to communicate with industry counterparts in the execution of the project specific tasks;
- Capacity to identify priority actions and handle high workload;
- Familiarity with ESA working environment in a similar position is a distinct advantage;
- Candidates must be eligible to work in EU.